Your Diabetes 15 Healthcare Essentials.
There are 15 different checks and services you are entitled to. We call this package of care your ’15 Healthcare Essentials’.
- Blood glucose test (HbA1C)
- Blood pressure check
- cholesterol check (for blood fats)
- Eye screening
- Foot and leg check
- Kidney tests
- Advice or diet
- Free flu jab
- Emotional and psychological
- Diabetes education course
- Care from diabetes specialists
- Good care if you are in hospital
- Support with sexual problems
- Weight checks and waist measurements
- Diabetes pediatric healthcare
When you have diabetes, you are entitled to certain checks and services every year to help you get the care you need. You might know this as your annual review. There are 15 different checks and services you’re entitled to – this is your package of 15 Healthcare Essentials.
These essential checks helps you reduce your risk of serious diabetes complications, like losing your sight or having dangerous problems with your feet.
When you see your diabetes healthcare team, you can tick off what you’ve got coming up and chase up if anything is missing. They will work with you to agree your personal targets and manage your diabetes between appointments.
Please note: During the Coronavirus pandemic, there may be some changes to how services are delivered. Please contact your GP or healthcare team at the hospital for more information.